Home Buying Process Snapshot
Here are the basic steps of the home buying process.
- Meet with a Real Estate professional: Discuss the type of home you’re looking for, including style, price, and location.
- The Buyer’s Advantage: As the home buyer, your agent’s commission is paid by the seller of the home in almost all circumstances. This means your representation costs you nothing!
- Get Pre-Approved: You will need pay stubs, W2s, and bank statements. Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful home shopping experience. If you don’t already have a lender I would be happy to refer you to a great local lender to talk to.
- Search for Homes: The fun part! I will schedule showings and help you find the perfect home.
- Advanced Search: Not all real estate websites are the same. I have tools and systems to ensure you see every available home that meets your criteria.
- Make an Offer: I will prepare your offer based on the price and terms you choose.
- Negotiation and Contract: It may take a few tries to get it just right, but hang in there. You’re on your way!
- The Contract: The contract provides you with a timeline to obtain financing as well as time to inspect the physical condition of the home. I will inform you of all your rights and responsibilities related to the contract.
- Under Contract/ In Escrow: You and the seller have agreed to the price and terms. The home is effectively held for you until closing.
- Final Details: Perform due diligence, order the appraisal, conduct an inspection, order title and review terms with the lender.
- Preparing for Closing: You will be finalizing your loan, reviewing documents, and discussing the findings from the inspection. I will manage this entire process for you.
- Closing day: Conduct final walk through, sign all closing documents then celebrate. You Made It!